Subject: [Leica] OT: Photoshop help!
From: jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden)
Date: Sun Aug 15 13:51:17 2004

Karen Nakamura wrote:

> Argh! I'm a bit frustrated. I just bought a new printer here in Japan
> (the Epson PM-G800, I don't know what the equivalent is in the U.S.)
> and have been trying to print to it in Photoshop. On topic, I'm
> printing all the photos from China that I took with my M7.
>
> I'm scanning in from my Nikon LS-4000 and getting great rich colors.
> My LCD screen is calibrated using a Spyder calibrator.
>
> In Photoshop, everything looks great while I'm editing it (in Adobe
> RGB). The problem is when I go to print.
>
> The Print With Preview shows a very desaturated version of my image --
> a good amount of the color is drained from it. This is despite
> everything setting I can think of changing (the source/destination
> color space, etc.). When I go to print, the final printed image is
> just as desatured as the Print Preview.
>
> Can anyone help? What setting am I setting wrong?  I want the rich
> colors I'm seeing!
>
> Karen
>
> p.s. The same problem happens when I work in sRGB or the printer color
> space, so I'm not sure if that's the source of the problem..

Sounds probably as though your printer/paper ICC profile  isn't getting
set correctly. This is how I do it:

In PrintWithPreview->

Check: Show More Options
Source Space: Adobe RGB
Print Space: <Entrada Fine Art Natural> -- this is the profile for the
paper that I am using, but insert your profile here.
Intent: Relative Colorimetric (or Perceptual)
Check: Use Black Point Compensation

Now after you hit Print... under <Color Management> select "No Color
Adjustment"

That should do it. The preview image might be a bit magenta.

Jonathan

Message from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] OT: Photoshop help!)