Subject: [Leica] OT: Photoshop help!
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man)
Date: Sun Aug 15 16:44:26 2004

At 04:29 PM 8/15/2004, Karen Nakamura wrote:
Richard, Juan,  &  Jonathan -

>Thanks for the tips. I had already had the printer ICC profile set up as
>all of you had mentioned.
>
>It's weird --  the Epson is printing *exactly* the same image with the
>same saturation/color as the image  in the Print Preview window.
>
>The only problem is that the image in the Print Preview image is
>considerably desaturated compared to the source image.
>
>When you go to print, does the image in the Print Preview exactly match
>your source image?

Well no, Print Preview should match what it prints out so it's doing what
it "supposes" to do. Looks like the problem here is that the color gamut of
the printer is way off, comparing to the Adobe RGB. Possibly you have a bad
printer or bad set of ink? However, if the profile is a generic one from
Epson, this that is what the printer is capable of :-( Under Photoshop,
View->ProofSetUp, select Custom and load your printer ICC profile and save
it. Now you can see a soft proof w/o going to Print Preview. You should
also turn on Gamut Warning.

The next step is to save a copy and work with the Soft Proof setting to
your printer's profile, and then tweak the color to match what you want. A
good way to do that is to duplicate your view and one set to your normal
RGB and one to the Soft Proof. Now if only someone writes a PhotoShoop
Action that says, "take from this View and make it look like that view" and
you would be all set.

>>You can even set up soft proofing so you can preview the colors w/o going
>>thru print. Very handy.
>>
>>What is the current price of the R-D1 in Japan :-)?
>
>The best people have wrangled is apparently Y260,000.  But I haven't seen
>this price in person. If there's a large movement, I'll post to the list.

When are you coming back? Would you be interested in procuring a R-D1 for
an online friend :-) or would that be too much trouble.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] OT: Photoshop help!)
Message from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man) ([Leica] OT: Photoshop help!)
Message from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] OT: Photoshop help!)