Subject: [Leica] LUGgers in Italy
From: hellman at comcast.net (Jesse Hellman)
Date: Mon Aug 16 15:29:21 2004

Ken,

My wife and I will be in Italy from September 30 until October 9. I
through some good fortune had been invited to send 12 prints (Leica
content!) to be included in a show in Spoleto, in Umbria, which opens
October 2 and runs for two weeks. It will be held in the rooms used for
temporary exhibits in the Galleria Civica D'Arte Moderna in the Palazzo
Collicola, which is on the Piazza Collicola.

The show includes prints by Mario Giacomelli.

http://www.spoletonline.com/leggitutto.php?id=10555

My own prints are pictures done backstage at the Peabody Opera Theatre
of the Peabody Conservatory in Baltimore (opening September 10, in the
Bank of America Gallery in the new entrance hall at Peabody, there will
be on exhibit copies of those same prints as well as 25 others which I
did in Italy during the last seven years: Peabody in Italy, Italy at
Peabody).

We will be staying in the Hotel Charleston in Spoleto. Spoleto is a
fascinating hill town, with Roman ruins as well memories of Lucrezia
Borgia. We may be able to get to Florence afterwards. What are your plans?

Jesse