Subject: [Leica] LUG membership, "A Waiting for Go/Dig" issue.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Aug 16 15:38:51 2004

On 8/16/04 8:54 AM, "Scott McLoughlin" <scott@adrenaline.com> typed:

> Sure, or not waiting at all and just shooting film,
> which works pretty darn well.
>
> We've got one M mount digi RF on the market now. I
> suspect we'll see some more in the months and years to
> come, waiting or not :-)
>
> B. D. Colen wrote:

These issues are less of a big deal if we are still into shooting film.
It only gets a tad dicey if we have been bit by the digital revolution in
photography.

Once bitten we only want to go out at night.
Shooting in dark alleys with the flash turned off, digital with a slow
variable aperture zoom. But getting full detail on those black cats in the
shadows of the garbage cans; EV minus 3.

But I keep thinking how I would feel if I had that 500 thing for the the
front of my super Coolscan 5000. The thing which sucks a whole roll in while
you are doing something else.
Of if you have it set on 12 times multi-sampling while you are on vacation.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/