Subject: [Leica] the first IIIg again
From: raikorho at uusikaupunki.fi (Raimo K)
Date: Tue Aug 17 22:58:47 2004

I am not talking about mass produced FEDs or Zorkis but the FED factory
did produce some "serious" fakes that were intended to pass as real
Leicas outside the Soviet block. But the vast majority of current fakes
are based on mass produced FEDs and Zorkis.
Supposedly there are one or two people who build fakes from scratch -
and not only Leicas - but I have never seen one and would wager that
nobody on this list has seen one, either. But Brian?s statement is
correct - but these fakes are extremely rare.
All the best!
Raimo K
personal photography homepage at:
http://www.uusikaupunki.fi/~raikorho/