Subject: [Leica] evening ...more clouds
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Wed Aug 18 10:23:24 2004

>> > In a message dated 8/18/2004 9:34:39 AM Central Standard Time,
>> > bdcolen at earthlink.net <http://leica-users.org/mailman/listinfo/lug>

>> > Someone who has his camera with him?
>> >
>> > SonC
>>
>> and uses it.
>>
> successfully.

While I won't engage in a debate over what constitutes a "photographer",
I will share a story about my father. The local photo store owner was
putting on a "contest" and displaying the entries in his shop window. My
father stopped in one Saturday afternoon to but something or other and
the store owner asked if he was going to enter the "contest". My father
said he wasn't whereupon the owner said "Surely you have some good
pictures you're proud of." My father then said: "Bill, do you know what
the definition of "good picture" is?" Bill said that he didn't and my
father explained: "It's one that someone is willing to pay money to own."

Walker