Subject: [Leica] Cloud pic from Southern CA
From: nicholsj at edge.net (JAMES NICHOLS)
Date: Wed Aug 18 12:19:57 2004

My appologies to the group.  Last night I posted a comment about "digital
images" of clouds.  My renderings of cloud photos were showing
"blotchiness" of incomplete digital images.  After further study, I find
that all of the images I downloaded yesterday had similar qualities.

Earlier yesterday, I was notified by Netscape of a new version of their
browser.  Having used Navigator 7.1 for some time, I figured that Version
7.2 had to be better.  I finally got it downloaded and installed last
evening and THAT appears to be the source of my image problems.  I have
tried, to no avail, to find a way to adjust image settings and have had no
success.  I reported it to Netscape as a problem area.

If anyone else is tempted to switch to Navigator 7.2, I wish them luck.
Its new features don't mean much when the images are lousy.

Jim Nichols
nicholsj@edge.net