Subject: [Leica] M magazine
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Thu Aug 19 14:08:40 2004

I'm not against artsy fartsy. Heck, both my parents are artist.
I just have something against navel gazing artists.

Most artists have big egos and it's a necessity. You can't be an artist
without an opinion.

May Ray and the rest may have been out there, but it's hard
to argue that weren't a very talented bunch.

If one reads some of the papers written by the various Bauhaus artists
one will discover that there is an awful lot of thinking that went in to
those "squiggles" and seemingly senseless pieces and that's what
I don't see in a lot of modern work, which is often like bad acting.
Bad actors imitate. Good actors don't. Don't act, be.

Feli

Replies: Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] M magazine)
Message from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] M magazine)
Message from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] M magazine)