Subject: [Leica] Conformity in Athens NOW BEING A SHOOTER!
From: jem.kime at ntlworld.com (jem.kime@ntlworld.com)
Date: Fri Aug 20 03:34:14 2004

Ted,
I loved that line about 'working when you take the pictures'!
It reminded me of a trip I took from Manchester, England, to the Canary
Islands (in the Atlantic) one day - I was a TV director, similar though
different to shooting still photos.
We rose at 4.30 a.m. travelled to the airport for a 5.30 r.v and a 6 a.m
start. Filmed the briefing of a trainee steward and boarded a flight around
9-ish.
Arrived at Gran Canaria and informed our crew would not be allowed off the
plane, there was a high security status that day due to visiting diplomats.
Waited on board plane 4 hours on baking hot runway.
Tried to depart around 6p.m. but third jet wouldn't start, ran close to
close-down time due to possible over-hours by pilots but departed around
8p.m.
Got back at gone midnight, something like a 20 hour day and so hot and
sticky...
The crowning glory came from the expenses department who returned my form
saying I hadn't claimed for an overnight. I said we hadn't stayed anywhere
for an overnight and she replied, 'You went all the way to the Canaries and
didn't stay over?'
Now, who on earth would do a thing like that?!

Only nutters,
regards,
Jem