Subject: [Leica] Feli and Magnum Mag...
From: azn at nemeng.com (Andrew Nemeth)
Date: Fri Aug 20 13:00:41 2004

On 20/08/2004, at 12:53 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> Actually I like Trent Parke's Dream/Life. Very surreal,dreamlike.
> Nicely composed and exposed. You can see a consistent style from
> shot to shot, like he intended to shoot the project with a certain
> effect in mind.
>
> http://www.magnumphotos.com/c/htm/CDocZ_MAG.aspx?
> Stat=DocThumb_DocZoom&o=&DT=ALB&E=29YL53ZJBIEZ&Pass=&Total=104&Pic=1&Su
> bE=29YL53ZKONE7

Actually, this particular image is a lazy rip-off of a (non rainy
day) photo by Australian Photographer John F Williams:

  <http://williamsfoto.net/surlevif/#106>
(Haymarket, Sydney 1977)

Mr Williams (who I know well and indeed even put together
his website) was an influential photography lecturer in the
1980s.

BTW, the wonderful & talented Mr Parke is the husband of the
even more wonderful & I-can't-believe-it's-not-god Narelle Autio
- the 2002 Barnack Award winner and master snapper of
dog-butts-on-the-beach.

:?)

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth