Subject: [Leica] Slightly OT my colorprinter died
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat Aug 21 14:10:11 2004

I very much like the 2200 although the small individual ink cartridges
are a pain and are pricey. (We've worked THAT horse already I think.)

It's more difficult to print black and white using the Epson drivers
on the Mac (I can't say about the Windoze world.) I've shifted to
ImagePrint RIP and it works superbly with the 2200 producing black and
white with absolutely NO hint of color on a variety of matte, glossy
and semi-gloss Epson papers. My experience with the Epson drivers for
OS X is positive for color but not so positive for black and white
where Epson seemingly doesn't care.

I'll be seriously considering an Epson 4000 although the ImagePrint
RIP then gets VERY expensive (their pricing model is from the Bad Old
Days).

Adam
<<snip>>