Subject: [Leica] OT - motor scooters
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Sat Aug 21 19:53:44 2004

>I have to disagree with you Nathan. The modern Vespas are great
>scooters, sometimes much better than their Far-eastern counterparts.
>Vespas are more expensive but they are also a pleasure to the eye
>which can't often be said of the competition.

We have an old Piaggio moped from the 1960s. Works like a dream. Gets
over 100 mpg. The only thing is that it doesn't have a starter motor
or kick start! So you have to either run along side it (running
start) or pedal it along to start (pedal start). Either way, it
attracts a lot of attention!

We have strawberry-flavored 2-cycle motor oil in it so that the
exhaust leaves a nice trail of strawberry-smelling smoke. There are
no turn signals or mirrors.

Perhaps the Leica IIa of scooters?

Karen
--