Subject: [Leica] Slightly OT my colorprinter died
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 06:49:45 2004

I am in this same boat right now.  The only problem I have with the Canon
printers is the fact that half of the ink is wasted.  They have a sponge
system that leaves half of the ink in the cartridge when it is supposedly
empty, and no way to use this ink.  My personal preference right now is
leaning toward the HP 7690 as I want the B&W capability along with the
color capability.  My next choice is probably the Epson R800.

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>         |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           08/21/2004 09:23 AM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       "'Leica Users Group'" <lug@leica-users.org>
              |
  |       cc:
              |
  |       Subject:  RE: [Leica] Slightly OT my colorprinter died
              |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hakan,
As I am in the same boat I will pass on the consensus:
If you are primarily printing B&W, like RC paper, and have no need to
print larger than 81/2X10 then the HP 7690 is the hot ticket.

If you want to print color and or want to print on matte paper then the
longest lasting inks are with the Epson R800, again maximum print size
of 81/2X11.

If you do not need long print life (10-20 years is OK) and B&W is not a
high priority then the Canon 9900I is a truly fine printer up to A4

If you want really long print life, prints up to A4, with some hassle
truly fine B&W and a truly immense range of papers available then the
Epson 2200 is the hot ticket.

No, I haven't spent money yet but I am tending to the R800 as I believe
that the 2200 will be replaced at Photokina with a printer that has both
black inks on board so switching to B&W from color will not be a pain.
The R800 has both on board so for a year I can probably stay under 8X10.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com