Subject: [Leica] Gresham Norfolk and ancestry
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Tue Aug 24 12:44:00 2004

On another photo list I was asked, if I was ever in  the area, to check out
the last resting place of relative of a Canadian subscriber. In the event I
was unable to find the grave in question but I burned some film in and
around the old village church.

In the churchyard I met an elderly couple and asked if they knew the
whereabouts of the grave of the Reverend Rawson Briggs (1862-1939) and
explained why I was looking for it. Neither of them knew the location but
the woman remembered the Reverend as he used to teach her Sunday school
class when she was a young girl. Furthermore, she had a photograph of him
and agreed to send it to me so that I could scan a copy of it. The shots I
took that day can be seen at the link below together with the old photograph
c1920 that steals the show. As previously mentioned they were triggered by
another camera list and were shot by Olympus OM's.

http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Gresham_Norfolk/index.html

--Graham