Subject: [Leica] Camera Restrictions at Social Security
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Aug 24 17:44:54 2004

This afternoon I wandered into the West Sacramento, CA social security
office wearing my cell phone on my belt. It's one of those Sony P900's
with a digital camera. The security guard told me I had to leave
immediately and leave the cell phone outside.

I'm going to have to look into this regulation which is posted but
which I didn't have time to investigate. I WILL return to copy down
the cited regulation. I THINK they claim they are protecting personal
privacy (from the gist of the summary posted inside the door.)

Is this something local or have others experienced this? I can't
believe my 640x480 images (and tiny lens) are going to threaten much
of anyone. Although a digital recording of some interactions that I
saw might be threatening to the bureaucrat who seemed to enjoy making
life ugly for non-English speakers.

Amazing.

Adam

Replies: Reply from jon.stanton at comcast.net (Jon) ([Leica] Camera Restrictions at Social Security)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Camera Restrictions at Social Security)