Subject: [Leica] Ilford chapter 11?
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Wed Aug 25 10:57:53 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 10:29, Douglas Herr wrote:
> FRANK DERNIE <frank.dernie@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > I wonder whether 120 or 35mm film will be the more
> > popular in the future. I would expect 35mm to be less
> > interesting because it is so easily comparable in size
> > weight and  quality to digital.
>
> Interesting question - but until the size and weight of
> digital cameras giving output comparable to a high-end
> 35mm film camera shrinks considerably I don't see the size
> or weight as comparable.
> Doug Herr

Well, to me it's not just about resolution etc. If that was the deciding
factor I would be shooting with a 6x7 Mamiya 7. To me a lot of it is about
the craft of shooting with film and simply the joy and advantages I get
from shooting with a Leica.

Feli

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Ilford chapter 11?)