Subject: [Leica] Leni Riefenstahl
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Wed Aug 25 23:24:26 2004

Marc,

I see in a late post that Nathan linked you to info on nobel prize winning
author Knut Hamsun - I brought his name into discussion along with other
very strong kultural personalities in Scandinavia (neigboring contries to
Germany) Among these people were also Knud W. Jensen, who, as Nathan
described in a nother post founded perhaps one of the most important museums
of modern art in northern europa, but who also together with the later
director of Denmarks largest lyric publishing house Gyldendal, Ole Wiviel,
had his sympathy for the wrong guys during the first nazi-years. I posted
those names sort of to illustrate that it is to easy to sit and condem
people who worked for the national socialits in the 30ties - there was no
internet/mail lists to provide you with real information on what was going
on and there were governments from sorounding countries that openly claimed
they had made good relations with Hitler, and there were a general strong
anti jewish feel in the public. Today, with the very large number of
imigrants from the middle east we se an increase in anti jewish acts -
synagoges and graveyards being moslested, jewish people being assulted etc.
In some contries there is no effort made to stop this. The EU-commision had
ordered a repport on anti semitism, but it was initialy stopped when they
found out that the conclusion was that it orriginated from middleeast
islamic immigrants. That matter was to sensitive. In Denmark jews and danes
have coexcisted for more then 400 years in something that both parts have
considdered  close to a problemfree relation, but in the 35 years of islamic
middleeastern immigration crime rates have exploded and a dramtic percentage
of all violent crimes are commitied by people orriginated from the middle
east. Pointing some of this out and supporing the US in the IRAQ conflict,
marked our government as almost J?rg Haider'ish and racistisc by many
european countries. Not more than a month ago an american exchange student
was knife stabbed in the center of copenhagen by middleeastern imigrants
simply because he was an american, and not more then a couple of days ago a
norweigan exchange student was stapped in the back, for deffending his
girlfriend, when she was being insulted by middleeastern immigrants. Last
year an Italian young man was stabbed to death for no reason at all. This in
the town marketed for years as "wondefull copenhagen". In short I am less
worried by what impact Reifenstahl had in the 30ties than what some
politicans in the EU have when the speculate in votes from middleeastern
immigrants neclecting minorities like Jews and Homosexuals while they are
assulted by immigrants claiming to have a pagt with Allah!
The democraticys in europa is because second world war  and the cold war is
not far away much more fragile than you think and if we keep on allowing
islamists attacks on this democracy it will colapse. What is happinening
right now is that Islamits organisations oppenly support terror groups,
oppnely send there youngster to "islamic reeducation" in the origin contries
and claim to be excluded from acts that could integrate them in a modern
western civilization. All these acts are very anti democratic. but if they
are confronted with it, all of a sudden, the claim freedom of speech etc.
Please show me on Islamic country were there is freddeom of speach, were
ther are equal righst for woman etc.
Should this post offend anyone or should some of the expressions be non PC
please considder that English is not my first nor my second language, and
that conclusions are many but one thing is for sure and that is that the
terrors of the third reich could happen again, even though we believe that
we are much smarter now than then na d even though it might not be with
concentrations camps etc. Just think of what happend in Bosnia or in
Rwanda - with the rate the they killed people in Rwanda the would have
proceeded hitler if there had not been stopped.

Cheers  Ruben