Subject: [Leica] Leitz VIOOH Universal Finder
From: oliverbryk at iqmail.net (Oliver)
Date: Thu Aug 26 08:45:44 2004

Marc wrote:

"At 12:00 PM 8/25/04 -0700, Oliver wrote:
>Does anyone know the effective magnification of the VIOOH finder windows?
>Mine has 3.5, 5, 8.5, 9, and 13.5 cm apertures.

I understand that the basic view is 1:1 with the frame size reduced as the
focal length is increased.

Marc"

Marc, thanks for checking. When I look through the 35mm viewfinder frame of
my M6/0.85, the framing is, of course, the same as on the 35mm VIOOH frame
but objects look much smaller, smaller even than in the viewfinder of the
Minox GT-E. The relative frame size reduction in the VIOOH is, of course,
the same as in the M6 (minus the 8.5cm frame.)
Oliver