Subject: [Leica] Flat lighting and perverts
From: lea at whinydogpress.com (lea)
Date: Thu Aug 26 10:27:16 2004

Kyle,

It warms the cockles of my heart to hear you say studio light is killing
you after all these years. YOU of all people!

I was studio light challenged myself and decided in March of this year
to just figure it out. SO....I hooked up my lights (old Novatrons in a
240 power pack), assembled my softboxes, hung up a background and went
to work. I drug every live person (and a few inantimate objects) that I
could get my hands on to my 'studio' for a sitting. It's amazing what
you learn my JUST DOING IT. Not reading books, not looking at the web
for inspiration but just firing up the lights, getting behind the camera
and pushing the buttons.

You're digital so it's easy, it's cheap and there's no faster way to
learn what works and what doesn't.

Since March of this year I've moved my 'studio' out of the attic and
into a the largest bedroom in the house (14x18') and have booked many,
many a portrait shoot with confidence.

Keep flashing the light, eventually the bulb will go on.
Lea