Subject: [Leica] Nope - not a Telyt either
From: mitch.zeissler at verizon.net (Mitch Zeissler)
Date: Fri Aug 27 06:15:24 2004

Thanks for your kind words, Daniel.

Reading here and other places that the Canon 50mm f/1.0 really paled when
compared to the Noct, I reasoned that assessment would also extend to the
85mm f/1.2 as well.  While I don't think the 85mm has a distinct signature
like the Noct, it does have really smooth and clean bokeh.  This is one of
the links (with pics) that made me begin to change my thinking:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/lenses/85mm.shtml

There are many more examples that have been posted on various Canon forums
that also show nice results with the 85mm.

Regards,

Mitch