Subject: [Leica] M3 eyepiece protection
From: thomashuber at verizon.net (Thomas Huber)
Date: Sat Aug 28 07:01:36 2004

(With apologies to Steve Gandy)

I?m successfully using a key top protector ring (proper taxonomy
escapes me at the moment) from the hardware store (O.D. 1 7/8 in.) to
protect my eyeglasses from getting scratched by the metal outer ring of
the M 3 eyepiece. They?re available in soft plastic or rubber (haven?t
done a burn test) for a blistering 25?. Larger ones might fit over the
rectangular eyepieces of R?s and other cameras, provided the eyepiece
has a channel for sliding on an eyecup or something of the sort.

T  H