Subject: [Leica] PAW 35 dlridings
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Aug 29 06:52:05 2004

Daniel,
By Jove I think you have found a lens you like, the 21.  I believe that
like your ensemble last week that both of this weeks images will work
best as part of a whole.  This is the same feeling I have of Graham's
landscapes.  All of Graham's landscapes are good, but taken as a whole,
with some editing as to sequence, would make a stunning show or book.
The pictures this week have the same feel.

Specific comments about this image:

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2004/35alt1.html

I think that if you had leveled the lens so as to square up the lines it
would improve the image.  What I am getting to is possibly have you work
with shooting off hand from a lower point of view, say chest high to
retain the perspective but eliminate the converging lines.  Normally in
street work converging lines do not matter, but in this image there is a
sense of still life or surrealism that almost begs for a very squared up
image.

Speaking of squares, if you had cropped the right to make a square photo
then I think that the image would improve.

Just my opinion, but you have been doing some very nice work with the 21
these past two weeks.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com