Subject: [Leica] NOW BEING A SHOOTER!
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sun Aug 29 12:34:17 2004

> Good news, Leica Germany finally came to its senses and appointed
> Kindermann Canada as an official repair depot. It was pretty bad
> under L-K.

When I started to get into the M system a few years ago Kindermann had just
been replaced as Canadian Distributer by Leica by Lisle-Kelco. After hearing
some horror stories about L-K's after sales service and experinceing it
myself with my R7 I decided that I would make any future NIB Leica M camera
purchases in the US, Europe or the Far East.

Through all of this I would send cameras needing CLA's and repairs to
Kindermann. I've never been anything but delighted with the quality of their
service and the prices I was charged. Now that Kindermann is back as Leica's
offical service depot for Canada my local dealer will get more of my NIB
purchase business.

BTW, there was a discussion on the Lug some time back about an inability to
contact Toronto based Leica repair person Rienhold Muller. I was informed
last week, by a friend of Rienhard's, that he has been suffering from very
poor health and has been hospitalized for an extensive period of time. His
chances for a full recovery from this is apparently doubtfull.

Regards,

Greg