Subject: [Leica] Michiel's PAW 26-29
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Mon Aug 30 08:43:24 2004

Hi Michiel,

Since you asked, I'll offer my 2/10ths of a cent on my two favorites of the
ones you posted:

Re: http://home.wanadoo.nl/michiel.fokkema/Fotografie/paw2004/27.html
I like the monkey's and their almost-parallel postures on the rope net.  I
think it works well having one sharp and the other out of focus.  I'm a bit
confused about the ropes and focus...it seems like the leftmost vertical
rope should be out of focus like the rope to which it attaches...but it's
sharp.  I wonder if it would have been a stronger image if you had placed
them a little higher in the frame, allowing more roping and their entire
tails in the image.  Still, I like it.

Re: http://home.wanadoo.nl/michiel.fokkema/Fotografie/paw2004/29.html
A nice shot of your daughter with lovely lighting.  Again I wonder about a
slight shift in framing, perhaps by cropping in from the right and the top
to make the image seem both more cozy and more dynamic.  I've taken the
liberty of cropping your image to show you what I mean...I hope you don't
mind.  I also zapped the distracting highlight just to the left of her head.
http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/Temp/Michiel_redo.jpg

The others, while technically good, don't appeal to me, personally, as much.

I hope you find these comments helpful, even if you don't agree...that's
how they are intended.

Best, and thanks for showing,
Aaron

Replies: Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] Michiel's PAW 26-29)