Subject: [Leica] RE: External hard disk for backup - which ?
From: joecodi at clearsightusa.com (J. Codispoti)
Date: Mon Aug 30 10:19:13 2004

Phong,

The choice, given some considerations, is a matter
of space needed.

I settled for Western Digital 120GB USB drive
which I put in an aluminum case with fan
ventilation.

I think that the case is as important a factor as
the drive since aluminum, while it does dissipate
heat also becomes warm enough to damage the drive.

www.tigerdirect.com had a special last week on a
200GB Maxtor drive for $90 or so, if I remember
correctly.
Maxtor has a better record than Western Digital
when it comes to breakdowns.

Incidentally, I have a third internal drive which
I use for making a second copy of my documents
(copies on "C" and on "D").
The external drive is used for backup of the
entire system including the registry.

Joe

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] RE: External hard disk for backup - which ?)