Subject: Re. [Leica] Conformity in Athens NOW BEING A SHOOTER!
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Aug 30 17:46:27 2004

Jon,
In the southern states, say Texas to Georgia, the serious framers that I
knew used 22-32oz hammers with an axe handle for leverage.  With
pneumatic hammers pretty much perfected and codes accepting 10p nails
you won't find too many serious hand bangers any more.

I remember as a teenager in Kansas City marveling at framers driving 16
penny nails all day: tap, BANG, tap, BANG, tap, BANG.  Or, set the nail,
drive the nail.  No misses, no bent nails, just steady progress.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com