Subject: [Leica] OT: External hard disk for backup - which ?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Aug 31 15:18:56 2004

Dumb question? Not hardly!

You can either by the drives/enclosures at the same time or separately.

Separately the drive will probably cost you about $120-140 or so,
maybe less, for a 200 GB drive. The tray $20 then the enclosure has
the electronics that convert between either USB 2 or FireWire.

You're paying for the several sets of circuitry that convert, the
power supply, the case etc. For the Mac there are no drivers needed.
It Just Works. Don't know about the PC side.

Adam