Subject: [Leica] OT backup software
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:17 2004

Hi Tim,

You can use Symantec Ghost to backup the state of the
system (including device drivers, installed applications)
onto another HDD, along with any other files you want to
backup.  If the first HDD goes kaput, you can swap in
the other one and not have to re-install the device drivers
and applications.

Several shortcomings:
1.  It's expensive
2.  I only know of versions that will work with Windows
    (not Linux, MacOS)
3.  I think it can only backup to another HDD.

Hope that helps, and not frustrate, or worse, confuse.

- Phong