Subject: [Leica] Stephen Gandy took down the Epson R-D1 info!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:24 2004

On 3/19/04 11:22 AM, "Stephen Gandy" <LeicaNikon@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I don't think so, both Epson and Cosina could have marketed it separately.
> any
> additional Cosina sales would have been gravy
>
> as stated in Japanese press releases, Epson is apparently looking for a
> premium
> camera line, a flagship camera to better the Epson name brand.  that
> usually
> translates to a one brand camera.
>
> exactly what the considerations were, Cosina and Epson don't seem to be
> talking.
>
> Stephen
>
> Sam wrote:

They should start with Leica the obvious primo choice as they have redefined
the universe as we know it and have taken over. I think the most important
end in making digital explode was the printing end. THOSE kinds of results
cant be argued with. Epson did that with their early printers.
Saying "yes it will look fine in the halftone or on your monitor" is a weak
argument, market wise. I think. As I'm a market expert. I go to the A&P
daily. And my name is "Mark". Making it a genetic thing.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon

New-improved