Subject: [Leica] charlie trentelman's 127mm/4.5
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:29 2004

     Charlie, Thanks for the reply. The reason there's very little on the
Web
re your lens is because leica does not regard it as a "Leica" lens, even
though it made the mount. If you want to get the mount repaired, here's a
place
I've used for many years when I lived in New Jersey. Speak to either Mr. Lee
or
Mr. Moon, both Korean and both fluent in English. They are honest and
relatively reasonable. You can mention bob cole, if you want.

                    http://www.essexcamera.com/

    On most of the Leica 135mm lenses you can take apart the lens housing
from the mount section by twisting the lens counterclockwise and it may also
be
possible with the 127mm but I never owned one, so I don't really know. If
you
want to know of other Leica repairers, let me know. Sherry Krauter is also
excellent but much more expensive.
    As to the number of the 127s made, there does not seem to be much info
--
unless you can reach Jim Lager on the Internet. None of my Leica literature
has anything on that.