Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW More portraits, non Leica content
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:40:02 2004

Daniel,
I was using the lens on a Contax 167.  It is an early version made in
Germany so not an MM designation.  Sometimes all out speed in a lens
creates interesting artifacts that improve the photo, and sometimes you
just want a stunningly good lens that is virtually aberration free wide
open.

I originally picked up the Contax 167 as a kit with the 50 F1.4 Planer.
I was taking  a look at all the fast 50's in the world.  I found the 85
in a shop in Kansas City (now closed unfortunately).  For immaculate
head shots you will not find a better lens.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com