Subject: [Leica] INCORRECTLY R.I.P. ILFORD
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sun Sep 5 07:14:36 2004

Guys,

there is a hell of a difference between a receiver cutting the workforce of
company and declaring a company bankrupt (ie trading without any hope of
ever
repaying its creditors).

If you read what you posted Didier Grant Thornton have NOT made any
statement
that they are either closing the Company or that the Company is actually
bankrupt. It says that the worfore is being reduced by some 45%. In fact
Grant
Thornton will be doing this in the aim of creating a Company structure where
financial commitments can be met.

It looks to me either that the journo who wrote this doesn't understand the
difference between a (substantial) corporate re-structuring and bankruptcy;
or
probably that they or their sub didn't much care about the truth of the
headline.

Peter Dzwig