Subject: [Leica] AOL & plain text
From: alal at duke.poly.edu (Akhil Lal)
Date: Tue Sep 7 08:20:04 2004

Interesting.

Last month I nought a Compaq desktop computer to replace my aging home
brew - no longer economic to home brew, I fear - Pentium II, On powering
up it did not respond to the keyboard so I called tech support and at one
point ended up speaking to a woman with a very strong Indian accent. I
asked her where she was, and was told she was not permitted to answer such
questions.

Clearly, the company wishes to avoid problems.  I find the
political fallout puzzling since for over a decade now the US has lost
middle class manufacturing jobs without generating this level of
political controversey.