Subject: [Leica] Iiconic Names
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed Sep 8 17:31:15 2004

At 10:37 AM 9/8/04 -0400, B. D. Colen wrote:
>And don't forget he also designed the Studebaker Avanti, the Pensy GG1
>electric locomotive, and the Coke, or was it Pepsi bottle. Speaking of
>icons. ;-)

BD

It was the wasp-waist Coke bottle.  His team also designed that standard US
government office building of the 1930's and in three sizes, to boot, and
hundreds of them were constructed.  And, of course, the apex of his career
came when he designed the Sunbeam Alpine sports car in 1959.

To draw us back to photography, the O Winston Link Photography Museum is
now located less than a mile from my "non-disclosed bunker" location, here
in Roanoke, Virginia -- and it is in the old Norfolk & Western Passenger
Terminal, arguably one of the Loewy's finest designs.  It is immediately
next to the Hotel Roanoke, so y'all come and visit, ya' hear?  And call
Homeland Security when you visit, so they can tell me you're in town, and
we can meet, probably down in the lower levels of the Salt Mines south of
here a bit.

Marc (who owns a gently-rusting and non-running 1967 Sunbeam Alpine V)

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Iiconic Names)
Reply from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] Iiconic Names)