Subject: [Leica] re: NYPD republicans?
From: joecodi at clearsightusa.com (J. Codispoti)
Date: Fri Sep 10 12:41:21 2004

How is it that this list can turn virtually any
thread back to a discussion of Nazis?
<<<<<<<<<

Not being a psychologist I cannot give an
authoritative answer.
However I am perfectly capable of giving my
opinion regardless of the reaction, clamor,
invectives, and expletives it might generate.

Some people (I have no idea how many but suspect a
high percentage) are fascinated to the point of
obsession by individuals, groups, organizations
and nations that "can kick ass" or demonstrate
such an attitude. Good examples are John Wayne,
Napoleon, Genghis Khan, etc. - and let us not
forget Ahhhhhhnold,

As a philatelist (not related to philanderer nor
philanthropist), I know that for Americans, after
US stamps, German and Japanese stamps are the most
coveted and therefore most expensive.

The most successful Hollywood movies are those
where most blood is spilled and mayhem and
violence are displayed.

Let's face it, as a species we have a morbid
fascination for negative and violent human traits.

Joe

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] re: NYPD republicans?)