Subject: [Leica] Epson Leica
From: alan_weinschel at yahoo.com (Alan Weinschel)
Date: Mon Sep 20 13:50:29 2004

Perhaps Epson has solved this problem. Perhaps it is not really a
problem. Perhaps the current R-D1 is a trial balloon for something
later. Perhaps Epson is going to use all the $$$ it makes on ink to buy

Leica and come out with a 20 mp R-D2. Who knows. We can speculate on
lots of things, but it is reasonable to speculate that the reason we
don't have a digital M *today* is that there are real engineering
issues.
Epson will be coming out with an R2-D2 (rumored for 2006) that will be
20mp and will be able to move on its own, frame and expose photos
perfectly, and then remove its own SD card, and print perfectly color
balanced 16 x 20 prints on the new dedicated Epson CP30 printer, also
soon to arrive.