Subject: [Leica] new 1ds mark II
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Sep 22 13:04:29 2004

As to why anyone would want this camera, how many medium format cameras
were sold to pro's.  What about landscape photographers who have had to
tote large format camera's out into the world?  What Canon is doing is
trying to peel off the upper end photographers.  Pretty much what Leica
and Rollei did in the forties and fifties?  I think you would be
surprised how many cameras are sold in this range.
Canon must be laughing all the way to the bank at $8000 a pop,
especially since they make their own chips.

Don
Mindspring.com

And keep in mind that Canon offers this ON TOP OF a full range of
digital and film cameras. So they're not doing what Leica did, and what
will ultimate sink Leica - limiting the market to a handful of
aficionados. Canon has something for everybody...