Subject: [Leica] new 1ds mark II
From: bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C)
Date: Sat Sep 25 07:05:48 2004

A local community college that offers a certificate program for adults in
photography has recently revamped their program.  The requirements for the
first simester are a digital camera; they will not be using film at all.
In subsequent simesters, film may be used (probably for large format
product photography), but as far as I can see from the course descriptions,
there won't be any darkroom work.  Courses with names like, "Black and
White Lab" are being replaced with, "Photo Imaging Lab".

I find this very sad.  Inevitable, perhaps, but still sad.

-dan c.

Message from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] new 1ds mark II)