Subject: [Leica] "The Death of Eddie Adams, The Death of War Photography"
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (oliverbryk@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Sep 25 12:05:38 2004

I would like to bring to your attention an obituary by Eddie Adams's friend
Pete Hamill, "When the Shooting Stopped," on the Op-Ed page of The New York
Times of Saturday, September 25. If you are not a subscriber you may want to
read it at your local library, even if you dislike The New York Times for
political reasons. Pete writes about war photography in a voice that I have
not seen before; and he writes about Eddie Adams as someone he knew really
well.
Oliver Bryk
PS: Pete Hamill was a war correspondent in Vietnam.

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] "The Death of Eddie Adams, The Death of War Photography")