Subject: [Leica] Re: bags on planes, now going minimal
From: pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (PMCC)
Date: Fri Oct 8 11:00:16 2004

Greg,

It's liberating to walk out the door
with just an M camera and a 35mm Summicron
and a couple of rolls of film in your pocket.
Nice antidote to the addictive habit of
piling up gear, with all its complications of
bag anxiety, how to get it on the plane, endless
fretting over lens choices at the margins, the
trauma of competing product introductions, marital
deceptions, etc. It's so fraught with terror
that it's a wonder that anyone even considers
getting into it. The habit is fed by this complex,
and the next thing you know you have a full-blown
hobby, fit for inclusion in the DSM-IV. Me, I'm
still in in recovery. Maybe I'll see you at the
swap meet.

Peter C.
in sunny California