Subject: [Leica] Epson RD-1
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Oct 13 02:05:04 2004

> In short I want one, that said I do believe the camera suffers from one
> major
> problem; price. A digital body no lens, no memory card, six megapixel
> sensor
> in a Bessa 3A camera body at $2900US is very hard to justify in todays
> world
> of eight megapixel DSLRs with zoom lens at $1500 to $1800US.
>
> I have posted some images on my website,
> http://www.streetfusion.smugmug.com
> The Epson RD-1 photos are indicated above the photo. Thanks for looking.
>
> Cheers. Terry Cioni

I was handling an R9 today for the first time and that's what an R9 cost.
2900US
The price to get me into the R system.
Then I've got to start on glass.

I've already got the glass for the M system
It would cost me 2900US to go digital.
Which would mean I would use the system.

If the Nikon D2X hits these shores before the Epson R1D1 I may have to just
pick up the Nikon first. I've already got the glass for that too.

And figure out what to do with my Leicas as I may not be about to justify
them.

And if the digital back came out before that Nikon D2x it might make for a
different turn in the woods.

The one least traveled by perhaps.

Mark Rabiner
Photography