Subject: [Leica] FS: R180 f2.8 2-Cam Lens
From: leirex at access4less.net (leirex@access4less.net)
Date: Fri Oct 22 10:09:35 2004

Actually, the one of the best shots of my son was made with the earlier fat
version hand held with flash.  It sure is big and hefty but still hand
holdable if you learn how to hold steadily.  I even used the even bigger
and heavier 70-180/2.8 APO-Vario-Elmarit hand held.  Its heft with a SL or
SL2 will give you some balance too if the combo will be very hefty.  I
believe the later thin version is of course much better than the earlier
version in handling & optical performance.  Either one is a steal these
days.  If I remember correctly, the earlier one used to sell for around
$500, the later one for around $800.

Regards,
David