Subject: [Leica] RD 1
From: vroger at yahoo.com (V.Roger)
Date: Sat Oct 23 20:26:27 2004

For your infrmation: I was lucky to be given a pass to
Photoexpo in New York by a friend. I went there
primarily to see the RD 1 at the Epson Kiosk. I did
and handled it. As some may know I use a Canon 0.95
lens on my M6 and have enjoyed using it immensely.
Using digital as I do I have regretted not being able
to use this lens which I have found to be very good
indeed. The lens worked with the RD1 flawlessly, not
blocking the range-finder or even the 50mm frame
lines. The camera, while feeling just a bit flimsy in
the winding was essentially like my Cosina,
Voigtlander R2. I did not like the information round
windows on the top of the camera and I feel that they
will probably be modified on a later model. The photos
I took with the Canon lens  looked very good indeed on
the screen on the back of the camera. Although this is
not really indicative, I feel that prints would be
fine. The adjustments are a bit more complicated than
the Rebel D300 DSLR but we have become spoiled and it
takes us a bit more back to how analogue cameras
worked in the past. All in all I was impressed,
however, the final word was there is no way I will
spend $3,000 on a camera- No Way-

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] RD 1)