Subject: [Leica] PAW 26: Tokyo Street Scenes
From: tgif at mbi.nifty.com (Tom Kumagai)
Date: Sat Oct 30 20:04:45 2004

Karen and the LUGers

I saw your presentation. Nice photos and inspiring comments.

Tachikawa is really close to my place (I live near Noborito, say, 1 hour
by Nanbu-line from there). Never been there but looks like it's fun
place. I think I have seen this trumpet guy somewhere else I cant recall.

Railroad suicides ...I knew one of them and she killed herself about 10
years ago and her husband found dead alone in the bathtub few years
later, which could probably be avoided if she was there... Anyway, It's
a shame that suicide has been a part of our culture.

Article 9(I heard this part was a part of proposals written by Japanese)
of our constitution is one of few things keeps me from losing my
patriotism. I feel it is an evidence of some conscience remained in our
nation after all that violence they had brought to the rest of east and
south east asia. I talk about this with my chinese and korean friends
every once in a while.

It's cloudy here in Tokyo this weekend, but, anyway, happy shooting!

T.Kumagai

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] New PAW)