Subject: [Leica] Tomorrow
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon Nov 1 15:00:17 2004

I don't know what the Florida election laws look like.

I've been pondering doing a bit of shooting - primarily of poll
workers getting things set up in our last punch-card election here in
Yolo County.

(I have a LOT more faith in punch cards than I do in the touch-screen
voting systems. At least with punch cards a recount MEANS something
and you have a tangible item to hold and evaluate. During the canvas
sample precincts are hand-counted and validated against the mechanical
count: lots of people sitting around card tables carefully going
through the ballots. Sometimes people WRITE their choice on the ballot
as a form of protest. There are guidelines in California election law
that allow for the handling of chads, etc and devination of voter
intent.)

Adam