Subject: [Leica] Tomorrow
From: locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke)
Date: Mon Nov 1 16:56:34 2004

What were they concerned about?

Being rude is not a criminal offence ....good thing too.

If they have a right to be there then they have the right and unless they
were interfering with the voting process or otherwise breaking a real law
why would you deny them their right?

Rights can be such a pain in the ass sometimes.

...such as making pictures in a public place, freedom of the press, freedom
of assembly, freedom of speech, freedom from unwarranted search and seizure,
...and there is a whole bunch to do with discrimination based on race,
creed, colour, religion.....

I think I am mixing and matching from the US Bill of Rights and the Canadian
Charter but you get the idea.

Either we all have them or nobody has them.  ...goes for both countries.

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
http://blog.greglocke.com
Independent journalism from