Subject: [Leica] Tomorrow
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Mon Nov 1 17:33:54 2004

I worked as an inspector during an election in Santa Monica. We did have a
training session, 2-3 hours, can't recall. But it just amounted to what do
with the kit they dropped off at my door.
In spite of the money, it is still considered a non-compulsory act of civic
volunteerism. While yes it is a crime to interfere with the function of the
polling site, the poll workers have no police power that I know of. At least
nothing outside every citizens ability to do a citizens arrest.
S. Dimitrov