Subject: [Leica] Tomorrow
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Nov 2 08:02:34 2004

At 10:32 AM 11/2/2004, you wrote:
>Tina
>
>They ask for Identification here in Iowa.  This is a proper thing as far
>as I am concerned.  How else are they going to know if you are who you say
>you are?
>
>Gene

There have been protests reported in the newspaper by people saying that
asking for identification is intimidating to people who may not have a
driver's license or their voter registration card.  The ACLU has filed
protests saying that people with disabilities and homeless people may not
have any of the listed identifications.  Several states have ruled that
people without identification may vote provisionally by taking an oath.
Others have protested that asking for identification is an invasion of
their privacy.

I voted at 7:20 this morning after standing in line for about half an
hour.  The process seemed very quick and efficient.  Poll workers said the
the lines were not as long as expected because many people voted by
absentee ballot - over 8,000 in our county where the usual absentee ballots
number about 200.  Everybody was so afraid that they would be in line for
hours. North Carolinians could vote early and lines have been four and five
hours long at the polls all last week. I took photos at our precinct with
no problems.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com