Subject: [Leica] 90 minutes in support of Democracy
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Tue Nov 2 09:13:18 2004

Ernie

sorry to hear you had to wait so long.  I guess this is going to be the
election that actually gets people here to actually vote.  As to the guy
who waited to find out he was in the wrong polling place, I have no
sympathy.  There are all kinds of sources to consult as to where your
proper polling place is, local newspapers, county registrar, League of
Women Voters etc.  I have voted in 3 states so far and they all provided
information on where to vote to the excess.  Heck, both parties will come
to your home and take you to the right place if asked.  Your voter
registration should tell you what district/precinct you are in, and then a
simple consultation of the paper or county registrar etc. will give the
information out.  He could have also asked when he arrived at the door.

Gene

Got to the polling place at 7:05 and got done voting at 8:40!   People
were
very nice to each other.  I was not happy with the lack of planning on the

part of the election officials.  One guy just ahead of me waited the same
90 minutes only to be told that he was in the wrong precinct.  He looked
mad but left without saying anything.  The election folks did a poor job
of
organizing things and I fear that this will discourage folks from
voting.  Next years it's absentee voting for me.

Vote Early and Vote Often

ernie nitka