Subject: [Leica] Photographic essay of a major disability protest in Japan
From: heintz at ucalgary.ca (John W. Heintz)
Date: Sun Nov 14 22:10:21 2004

Karen Nakamura wrote:

> On October 20th 2004, there was a major disability protest in Tokyo. I
> took a series of photographs that I've organized into a photographic
> essay on my home page:
>
>       http://photoethnography.com/gallery/dpij-protest2004/index.html

Moving pictures, Karen!
I especially like the smile on the face of the man in the yellow head
band on p.2; the confrontation between the policeman and the person in
the wheelchair, p 9; the disgruntled bureaucrat, p.11; and the
wonderful expressions on the protesters' faces, p.13 - real people.

john h